ESQUINA2. 2006 x premio klemm artes visuales

















instalación site-specific, 2006. recorrido señalizando espacios muertos y a trabajadores con backlights





Esquina2, (Cornered) Isabel Peña 2006
Site-specific installation. X Award Klemm Visual Arts
Stroll around unoccupied spaces in Fundacion Klemm through 8 Photos in backlit Light-boxes installation 40x30x15 cm. each

Esquina2  

Esquinados inteded to reactivate dead spaces of the Klemm Foundation installing backlights with photos which represented those same spaces, and its inhabitants.
I took pictures of these places and I also took (not without subtlety and vertigo) photos to the guards, people living in these spaces in its own way, in constant contact with works and the public. The idea was transforming each unused space pointed out by its own characteristics, enhanced by that small light box representing it.
I was interested in also bringing together in the award group show these spaces that not typically used for the exhibition of works. I this case, I decided to situate myself in this gap between the invisibility of these places and a concrete attempt to incorporate them. A wish to arguably recognise me inside and outside.

No hay comentarios: